Finnair is an award winning Nordic airline bridging Europe-Asia more closely together with nearly 15 million annual passengers.
To stay fresh and innovative across the end-to-end customer journey Finnair needed a systematic way to stay on the pulse of what customers like, think, feel and wish. Finnair wanted to find a solution that would:
1. Go beyond simple surveys to allow a two-way dialogue with customers to dig deeper into the customer hearts and minds
2. Connect with customers globally to ensure that that decisions mades are based on sufficient and representative data
3. Support iterative design and develop loop where customers are invited on a short notice to have their say on different customer experience and innovation initiatives
4. Help the non-customer facing teams to connect more closely with customers and help the company to become more customer centric in their process
To solve the challenge LeanLab helped Finnair to build and launch over 1000 people strong customer community across 4 key markets. The customer community represents the customer base across different traveller segments. The ongoing work with LeanLab team is delivering the desired effect:
- It has helped Finnair to integrate customer views to the business and cut global customer insight timelines from 8-12 weeks to 2-4 weeks and in some instances to just days.
- There is a good adoption of LeanLab across different teams and individuals. It is used on a monthly basis by branding, marketing, cx and digital teams to drive customer centric decisions.
- It has helped different teams to get closer to customers than before. Tens and tens of staff members have been closely involved in talking to customers in the community.
- The community engagement by customers is excellent going even up to 70% and majority of the members continue to play an active role in the programme since its inception in 2017
“This is a very popular tool internally within Finnair. It’s liked because of its speed, it gives concrete answers and it makes the co-creation process international – you can immediately have insights all the way from your home market to China and Europe. In our business it’s crucial.”
Johanna Jäkälä, CMO, Finnair